Centre of sustainable excellence
Ripley Town Centre is leading the way in smart and sustainable design, with its primary objective being sustainable excellence. Ripley Town Centre will epitomize the 20-minute neighbourhood – with everything located within 20 walking minutes.
Once complete, the world-class destination will be a shining example of urban construction living harmoniously with nature, featuring tree-lined streets and laneways, parklands, leafy walkways, green rooftops and so much more. But it's not just nature that will feel the benefit of this sprawling 25-hectare precinct.
As Ripley continues to grow, Ripley Town Centre will be the bustling core of the entire region. It will deliver an unmatched level of convenience, culture and connectedness offering retail, dining, healthcare and education, commercial, speciality services, entertainment, destination parklands, and a proposed state-of-the-art transit centre. Even better, the large-scale project will create in excess of 20,000 new jobs for the local area.
All members of the community within the Ipswich growth corridor will benefit from the countless opportunities and experiences that the Town Centre offers.
Guided by the Sekisui House design philosophy of Satoyama, Ripley Town Centre will be unlike anything before it. A place where people and nature coexist in harmony, rich with revitalising open spaces and unique architecture, all seamlessly woven together to create a diverse tapestry of greenery and urban construct. Here, active living and community wellbeing will be promoted at every level, and as the community blossoms, the natural beauty of this centre will bloom as the years go by.
Key features include:
- Commercial office spaces;
- Regional shopping centre;
- Future transit centre (to facilitate rail and bus networks);
- Recreation and entertainment facilities;
- Health and education services;
- Cafes and restaurants;
- Regional library, community and cultural centres;
- Active and truly safe pedestrian friendly environment through walkability, cycling, leading public transport (planned regional bus and rail network) and less dependency on cars;
- Ripley Town parklands will be 1 of 5 regional park destinations; and
- 2,000 dwellings (including senior living and age care).